Follow Me @mattymiu

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tides change like weather. Plans don't materialize as they should be. The sad thing is we don't always have the luxury of accommodating every change be it in relationships, careers, businesses, health and happiness. The only consolation is maybe finding the constant amidst the unsettled. In time, we will learn to muster the ability to fight change or at least condition ourselves to minimize the damage. And if we're really that lucky, we may even emerge unscathed, though hardly possible. Anyhow, I do hope Limsie gets to jet off for her much anticipated retreat as planned. For me, I'm happy as I am here and now (:


[Tuesday 25.01.2011] Nothing's better than ending the evening with my two biggest loves - Bee and Starbucks!
..Bee 'surprised' me with a massage treat in Town too (: how not to love?

[24.01.2011 Monday] Star of the night at Bayang.
T'was a night of joyful camaraderie and catching-up for the Willtechies...something that's been missing for quite some time. Couldn't be more pleased with the contented smiles and the happy tummies :)


Received an unexpected call yesterday from the long lost Collin. Exaggeration intended cus it really felt like eons ago since we spoke. The familiar voice ( though much weathered compared to the clown he used to be) sent flooding images of the good ol' days we camped in the karaoke together with Glyn and Jacky. I do miss the lot. lol. and then he dropped me a huge bomb --- what can possibly change in a year, my goodness? apparently a lot. I'm more than prepared to be filled in with details :P And I'm so looking forward to meeting them (finally) this Monday together with Bee. i could tell they're really excited to meet him as well (:  yay!



reflections...

hmmm, how should i start... a recent incident sort of catalyzed a thought; are certain friendships really worth the while? 


 It has never been an issue to me because I've always been clear of who matters to me most. The rest are just friends so how i treat you pretty much represents your weight in me. I'm never a mean person but I am guilty of faking it sometimes. Now that i think about it, I am still faking it to some. And it really takes one who sees through me to point that out. I'm glad he did because I do have a problem. I'm too used to accommodating the unimportant and i'm too obliging. Sometimes i feel bad because i know very well that certain friendships will never progress beyond companionship and fun. And knowing that they don't even stand up for you and protect your interest, really says something. What's with the insensitivity and avoidance? Did they even care about how i feel? Hardly i guess. I feel sad and angry at the same time for allowing myself to oblige time and again, outing after outing. Sure i used to be bored and I needed their company, but not anymore. Companions come and go so why should I be any different? If i were a true friend to them, they would've watched my back; they would've been more sensitive to my feelings. Of cus it's not always just about them. I was wrong too, I didn't take such friendships seriously and I was superficial with them. So now i'm offering restitution by opting out. I'm not ungrateful for the times they have filled my empty spaces, but unfortunately my attention can only be dedicated to a very special lot now.... and most importantly, I want to keep my friendships real. For the rest, let's just keep a cordial distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment